Yield: 1 cup
Serving size: 2 Tbsp
Net Carbs: 1g per serving
Fat: 14g per serving
Protein: 1g per serving
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ¼ cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (or equivalent granulated brown sugar sweetener)
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp xanthan gum (depends on desired thickness of sauce)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a small sauce pan, add butter and cook over low to medium heat, stirring frequently until golden and near boiling.
- Add sweetener to the sauce pan, stir, and heat to simmer.
- Whisk in whipping cream, xanthan gum, salt, and vanilla extract (optional), stirring until blended.
- Continue to cook on low heat, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, and keeping a close eye to ensure it does not boil over.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool and thicken. If the mixture separates, can heat and/or stir to mix it again until well-combined.
- Store leftovers in a glass container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.