Thank you to our friends over at Paleo Flourish for this great keto-friendly lunch recipe! For those of you that don’t typically eat sardines, they are an amazing source of protein (7g per oz), omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, vitamin B-12, calcium, and phosphorous. Even better, the protein in sardines is considered “complete”, meaning that it provides all the amino acids that the body cannot produce on its own.
Net Carbs: 0g per serving 👑
- 1 can (4-5 oz) sardines in olive oil
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- ½ Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain most of the olive oil from the sardines.
- Mash up the sardines.
- Combine the sardines, diced cucumbers, lemon/lime juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve on a bed of mixed greens.