Salmon is really one amazing food. Not only is it a great source of protein, but it is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, potassium, and selenium. Because of salmon’s ability to boost omega-3s in the blood, research has shown that eating it on a regular basis may help protect against heart disease. It gets better! Salmon has also been shown to help regulate hormones that control appetite, reduce inflammation, and improve brain function. Thank you to our friends over at KetoDietApp for this recipe! 👑
Net Carbs: 4g per serving
- 4 oz. salmon
- 4 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 serving Hollandaise sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch salt or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 °Fahrenheit.
- Place the salmon in a baking tray and drizzle with half of the olive oil or butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the creamy spinach. Wash the spinach and place in a salad spinner to remove any excess water or pat dry with a paper towel.
- Grease a skillet with half of the olive oil or butter and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the spinach and cook for about 3-5 minutes while mixing. Season with salt.
- Add the heavy whipping cream.
- Take off the heat and set aside. Meanwhile, prepare the Hollandaise sauce.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the creamed spinach on a serving plate and top with the baked salmon.
- Pour over the Hollandaise sauce.