Yield: 1 serving
Net Carbs: less than 1g per serving
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch salt or more to taste
- ½ Tbsp water or more if too thick
- Make sure all the ingredients have reached room temperature.
- Slowly melt the butter.
- Mix the egg yolk with the water, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and salt.
- Fill a medium sauce pan with ~1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium heat and place the bowl with the egg yolk mixture on top of the sauce pan and keep mixing (alternatively, you can use a double boiler).
- Keep mixing until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Slowly pour the melted butter into the mixture, stirring at all times to avoid clumping. If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of water.