Net Carbs: less than 1g per serving
- 1½ lbs. salmon fillet
- 1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp of homemade or bottled basil pesto sauce
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- ¼ cup freshly grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place fillet on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Squeeze lemon/lime juice and sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over fillet.
- Spoon pesto sauce evenly over fillet.
- In a small bowl, combine almond meal, butter and cheese until it forms a crumb texture.
- Top fillet with the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes and then place under broiler for an additional 1 minute to brown.
- Keep a close eye on fillet so it does not burn.
- Serve immediately.