Net Carbs: 3.4g per serving
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup Monk Fruit sweetener
- 5 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3 large egg yolks
- 6 large egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat inside of soufflé dish with butter and place in refrigerator
- Using a double boiler, melt and stir the chocolate.
- Remove the double boiler from the heat and whisk in egg yolks. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the 6 egg whites with a pinch of salt and cream of tartar, gradually adding the sweetener until the whites form stiff peaks.
- Add about ⅓ of the egg whites to the chocolate and mix gently. Then fold in the remainder of the egg whites until the white is not seen anymore (you do not want to collapse the air that is trapped by the whites).
- Pour the mixture into a ceramic soufflé dish and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top and serve immediately.