Yield: 16 servings
Serving Size: 1 meatball (1½ inch diameter)
Net Carbs: 1.6g per serving
Fat: 8g per serving
Protein: 7.5g per serving
- 1¼ lbs ground turkey
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup bottled or homemade pesto sauce
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced dry onion
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups no-sugar added tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients, excluding the tomato sauce, into a medium bowl and mix together.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a 8×8 baking dish, or equivalent.
- Roll the ground turkey mixture into 1½ inch balls and place them into the baking dish.
- Top with additional cheese if desired.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional five minutes.