Yield: Approximately 8 cups
Serving size: ⅓ cup
- 1½ cups walnuts
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp golden flaxseed meal
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit or equivalent sweetener
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure maple extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place walnuts, almonds, and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and pulse for 3 to 5 seconds.
- In a large bowl, combine the processed nuts and seeds with the remaining seeds, flaxseed meal, coconut flakes, sweetener, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, coconut oil, and maple extract.
- Add egg mixture to the nut and seed mix and stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly over the prepared baking sheet and firmly press down with a spatula to flatten into a single layer (the thinner the layer the better).
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
- Allow granola to cool completely before breaking into clusters.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze.