We all love a delicious morning or mid-day pickup from Starbucks, but all the sugar-loaded drinks can have Keto Dieters flustered and stressed over what exactly they can order besides a black coffee. Thankfully, our friends at Starbucks have endless sugar-free and high fat options to cure your caffeine craving and even curb your appetite until your next meal. Here are 5 of our favorite Starbucks Keto hacks:
1. Low Carb Latte (Hot or Iced): Order a regular latte with almond or coconut milk (whole milk has far too many carbs). Make sure you ask for no classic syrup, which is very sugary. Add in your own stevia or sugar substitutes from the coffee bar if you want sweetness, but if you want a flavor, try opting for one of the many sugar-free syrup options. Our favorites are the SF Cinnamon Dolce and Classic SF Vanilla, which both have 1g carb per pump. Remember, you can control the amount of pumps you want! Here’s exactly how you’d order this drink at Starbucks:
- Hot or Iced
- Grande (medium)
- Coconut Milk Latte
- 2 pump Sugar-Free Cinnamon Dolce
*Add in extra cinnamon for a spicy kick!
**Fearless Tip: While too much caffeine can be bad for you, in moderation, the caffeine in coffee is a great way to prevent and treat any Keto Diet-related constipation.
2. Low Carb “Caramel” Macchiato: The Caramel Macchiato is one of the hardest drinks on the menu to make Keto so we improvised to create a drink with similar flavors that will be sure to satisfy your #ketocraving.
Start by ordering a “short” hot or iced Americano with 2 shots of Heavy Whipping Cream (a high fat low carb substitute for milk), 2 pumps of SF Vanilla, topped with whipped cream for an additional 2g net carbs. If you’re feeling like treating yourself a bit, ask for extra light caramel drizzle on top! Here’s exactly how you’d order this drink:
- Hot or Iced
- 2 shots HWC (heavy whipping cream)
- 2 pump Sugar-Free Vanilla
- Whipped Cream (or hold the whip if you don’t want it)
- Extra Light Caramel Drizzle
*Top with cinnamon or nutmeg for a flavor boost!
3. The Infamous “Pink Drink”: Notoriously one of the most photographed Starbucks drinks ever created, this beautiful beverage is not only #instagramworthy but can also be made into a delicious Keto creation! Start by ordering an Iced Passion Tango Tea (size is up to you, but we will say Venti), 2-3 pumps of SF Vanilla (no Classic Syrup), and substitute Heavy Whipping Cream for Water. This eye-catching treat has only 4g net carb and 22g of fat! A keto-lover’s dream. Here’s exactly how you’d order this drink:
- Venti (size is up to you)
- Passion Tango Tea
- 3 pumps SF Vanilla
- Sub Heavy Cream for Water
Voila! There you have it, a drink almost too pretty to consume! Don’t forget to take a picture of your pink drink and tag #fearlessketo
4. Keto Mocha (Hot or Iced): Keto Dieters REJOICE because Starbucks has introduced a “Skinny Mocha” Syrup option AKA Sugar Free! If you’re a chocolate lover, this drink is for you. Start by ordering a Short (hot) or Tall (iced) mocha with sugar free mocha sauce. Instead of milk, you’ll want to order 1/2 Heavy Whipping Cream and 1/2 water. Now you’ll have your favorite Chocolate-y Latte without the Carb-filled guilt! Here’s exactly how you’d order this drink:
- Iced or Hot
- Tall (iced) or Short (hot)
- Sugar-Free Mocha Sauce
- Sub Milk for 1/2 Heavy Whipping Cream, 1/2 Water
*Sprinkle in some sea salt and cinnamon for a Salty Sweet Mexican-style Mocha!
**Pair with our Keto Chocolate Cream Mousse for some extra decadence 👑
5. Cinnamon Dolce Coffee Frappuccino: Yes, you heard that right! You can order a Frappuccino-style drink at Starbucks and NOT cheat on your diet. Most people associate Frappuccino’s with extremely high levels of sugar, but we know a hack to make your blended beverage super tasty AND sugar-free. Start by ordering a Tall Iced Coffee with no Classic Syrup – substitute with Two pumps of SF Cinnamon Dolce Syrup instead. Add Two shots of Heavy Whipping cream and ask for your barista to blend it all “Frappuccino Style”. Make sure you state that you do NOT want any “Frappuccino Base” or “Frappuccino Syrups”. This will guarantee no sneaky sugars get into your drink! Here’s exactly how you’d order this drink:
- No Classic, Sub 2 Pumps of SF Cinnamon Dolce
- Two Shots of Heavy Whipping Cream
- Blended “Frappuccino Style”
- No Frappuccino Base or Syrup
*Add an extra packet of Sugar Alternative to increase sweetness!
Below is a quick guide for determining how many pumps of Syrup is used for each drink size. Keep in mind all SF Syrups have 1g carb per pump!
Pumps of Syrup
Shots of Espresso
|Tall (12 oz)||
|Venti – hot (20 oz)||
|Venti – iced (24 oz)||
Follow and Like us on Instagram and Facebook for more Keto Hacks, Recipes, and Information! @fearlessketo #fearlessketo